We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
We share 5 ways to help you stay committed to your goals and build better habits, whatever they are...
Here are 5 ways to begin the process of creating lasting habits.
- Be specific and write done 3-5 goals. Specific, not general... (Bad example. I will exercise more this year. Good example. I will exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times per week)
- Write down why those are your goals.
- Set a time frame. Maybe you commit to 10 minutes of yoga practice 5 days a week, for the next 4 weeks.
- Make a plan. If you know you are going to be out of town within your timeframe, what are you going to do instead so that you don't carry guilt because your plan wasn't flexible enough to handle change.
- Give yourself grace. Quitting and grace are not the same things. Honor your decision by making intelligent choices, and then sticking to them. Maybe they need to be modified, but don't quit. Remember, at least 28 days to create a habit!